We hope this blog post finds you well during this stressful and trying time. We thought it prudent to let you know what’s going on at the shop in regards to COVID-19, especially given the Shelter In Place Order effective March 17, 2020.
Cannabis Dispensaries are considered essential businesses during the Shelter in Place Order and will remain open during this time. That being said, the health of staff, customers, and the community at large are of the utmost importance. These safety protocols are meant to protect everyone as best as possible. We are being proactive in our response to Covid-19 and the San Francisco Stay At Home Order.
The Vapor Room will remain open from Noon to 8p, 7 days a week with strict cleaning standards and social distance practices.
We provide a therapeutic necessity for people. We’ll provide that for as long as reasonably safe. We’re taking this day by day.
Cannabis is an essential medicine for many San Francisco residents. Dispensaries can continue to operate as essential businesses during this time, while practicing social distancing and other public health recommendations.
— SFDPH (@SF_DPH) March 17, 2020
Here’s what you need to know when visiting Vapor Room:
- We strongly advise customers place a pick up order online via our online menu. We’ll pack your order and have it ready for you for quick pick up at the front door.
- We are working out an e-payment option through Hypur to reduce transaction times and points of contact.
- We will be making pre-orders and curbside pickup mandatory very soon.
- If you feel unwell at all, we ask you to please remain at home. We are looking into offering delivery services for those who need it.
- We’re wiping down and disinfecting common use areas, door knobs, shelves, glass tops, and POS terminals after each transaction.
- Our consumption lounge is currently closed for the time being to reduce the amount of people at the shop at any given time.
- We are limiting the amount of customers in the shop to 3 people at a time, to allow for increased distance between people.
- We ask customers to patiently queue up outside and spaced out according to ground markers.
- We have removed all but one each of the products on the shelf.
- Please do not touch any products or door knobs. We will take care of that for you.
- We urge our customers to sign up for our cashless payment alternative, Hypur, for those who wish to avoid handling cash. To get started, simply download the app from the App Store or Google Play or sign up from your browser here.
- We have temporarily closed our bathroom to the public.
You can expect updates through blog posts like this, email newsletters and on our social media channels on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated across all channels.
We remain optimistic and encourage all VRoomies to continue to be kind and compassionate to one another during these difficult times. We will do our best to continue to serve our community. Please stay safe and sane and helpful to your community.
We look forward to getting through this together (within reasonable social distance).
The Vapor Room Team
To encourage online ordering and curbside pickup, we are offering 10% off all online orders over $200.