In order to join our cooperative, you must have a valid Medical Cannabis Recommendation.
We’re proud to be one of the oldest medical cannabis dispensaries in San Francisco! Our cooperative has continually set the standards that have been emulated by dispensaries across the nation, due in no small part to conscientious members. Your membership contributions helps support our Compassionate Assistance & Community Benefit Programs.
Rights and Responsibilities
As a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative, you are an important part of our growing community of medical cannabis patients and advocates. Membership responsibilities are important for ensuring the Vapor Room Cooperative stays open and is able to continue serving our member’s needs.
Being a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative means that you have the RIGHT to:
- Be treated with respect and compassion by the Vapor Room Cooperative staff and fellow members.
- Access responsibly cultivated, quality therapeutic cannabis, free of contaminants.
- Be assisted by a knowledgeable, caring staff on the type of cannabis that fits your needs.
- Participate in our compassion programs on an as needed basis.
- Attend and have a vote at the annual member meeting held on April 20th of every year.
- Offer comments and suggestions to the Board of Directors on how we can improve our cooperative.
- Participate in our various member services, classes and volunteer opportunities.
Becoming a member also means that you have the RESPONSIBILITY to:
- Treat the Vapor Room Cooperative staff and fellow members with respect and compassion.
- Never resale or divert any medical cannabis products you receive from our cooperative.
- Follow all current and future community codes of conduct set forth by the Vapor Room Cooperative.
- Maintain a valid doctor’s recommendation and a valid membership to the cooperative.
- Be a positive role model in the therapeutic cannabis community at large.
- Be aware that your actions as a member of the medical cannabis community reflect on all of us, including our Cooperative.
Caregiver membership is given in conjunction with patient membership. In order for a caregiver to be eligible for membership, their patient must be a member in good standing with the cooperative. We recommend the patient and caregiver contact us together with all required documentation to register for membership at the same time. We will call the patient’s doctor to verify their Therapeutic Cannabis Recommendation (TCR) and Caregiver Statement.
If a member violates any one of the rules outlined, their membership will be revoked. The Vapor Room Cooperative also reserves the right to refuse service to or revoke the membership of any member that acts in such a way to threaten the safety of our Cooperative or violates any current or future rules set forth by the Board of Directors. The Vapor Room Cooperative of San Francisco is only as strong as our members. We welcome you to our community and look forward to seeing you at the Vapor Room!