NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION
ABOUT OUR MEMBERSHIP
Although cannabis is recognized as a legal medicine in California, many people do not understand its therapeutic benefits and often stereotype and discriminate against therapeutic cannabis patients who do not “look
sick.” It is important to note that patients with serious conditions might not appear “sick”, especially if they are in the early stages of their illness. We serve a diverse group of patients suffering a myriad of conditions including but not limited to: HIV/
AIDS, ADHD, Arthritis, Cancer, Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Anxiety, Depression, Surgery Recovery and many more illnesses that responsible, therapeutic cannabis use can help alleviate.
To become a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative you must have a valid, written California Doctor’s Recommendation for therapeutic cannabis use (TCR), and valid California identification. We strongly recommend that you also obtain the State of California medical cannabis verified ID card from the State Department of Health Services. Please click on the links provided above for further information. VRC Membership is given on an annual basis and is only valid with a current Doctor’s recommendation. Members are informed of their Membership Rights and Responsibilities, Codes of Conduct [see below] and are asked to agree to our Membership Terms & Conditions, Health Information Waiver and acknowledge that they understand their rights and responsibilities and that their membership can be revoked if they violate any of the rules. All forms are kept off- site, ensuring patient confidentiality. Members receive a unique Vapor Room Cooperative member ID number. When a patient contacts the cooperative, their ID number is used to verify that s/he is a member of the cooperative in good standing and has a current, valid doctor’s recommendation for medical cannabis use.
CURRENT MEMBER DELIVERY UPDATE
Are you currently a VRC member that would like to register for delivery or update your delivery address? Please note that we currently deliver within San Francisco only, though we have plans to expand our deliver range very soon. If you live elsewhere, you can still register your address, so we’ll know how many folks outside of SF are interested in delivery to their area. We can make arrangements to meet in San Francisco when you place an order. Once we receive your Delivery Form, we will contact you to verify.
• Since you’re already on our website, please CLICK HERE to be taken to our Member Delivery Registration Form and follow the instructions. A VRC
staff member will call you to confirm once we’ve updated your membership record.
• If you prefer to register or update your member delivery information by phone, please call 415 626 2100 between 11am and 8pm, 7 days a week.
Please have your VRC Member ID, Date of Birth, California ID (or Proof of CA Residency) and Primary delivery address available when calling. A VRC staff member will gladly assist you.
• You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax your delivery registration/update requests to 415 813 5434. Please include your Full Name, VRC
Member ID, Date of Birth, California ID (or Proof of CA Residency), Phone Number with Area Code and Primary delivery address in the body of the
email or fax.
CURRENT MEMBER DELIVERY UPDATE
Are you a current member of the Vapor Room Cooperative (VRC) that needs to renew your Therapeutic Cannabis Recommendation (TCR) information with us? Current VRC members can update their records quickly and easily in one of the following ways. If you have any questions, concerns or issues, please email email@example.com or call 415 626 2100 during office hours and a VRC staff member will gladly assist you.
• Since you’re already on our website, please CLICK HERE to be taken to our Membership Update Form and follow the instructions. A VRC staff member
will call you once we’ve verified your TCR with your doctor’s office.
• If you prefer to update your new TCR by phone, please call 415 626 2100 between 11am and 8pm, 7 days a week. Please have your VRC Member
ID, Date of Birth, California ID (or Proof of CA Residency) and original TCR available. You WILL HAVE to fax, email or MMS by phone a legible
reproduction of your original TCR and California ID (or Proof or CA Residency). A VRC staff member will call you once we’ve verified your TCR
with your doctor’s office.
• You can also fax us your Full Name, Date of Birth, Phone number with Area Code, TCR and California ID (or Proof or CA Residency) at 415 813 5434.
A VRC staff member will call you once we’ve verified your TCR with your doctor’s office.
Caregiver membership is given in conjunction with patient membership. In order for a caregiver to be eligible for membership, their patient must already be a member in good standing of the cooperative. We recommend the patient and caregiver contact us together with all required documentation to register for membership at the same time. We will call the patient’s doctor to verify their Therapeutic Cannabis Recommendation (TCR) and Caregiver Statement.
RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Rights & Responsibilities: The Vapor Room Cooperative is founded on respect and compassion for our patients and our community. We are committed to serving our member patient needs with the highest level of compassion and professionalism. As a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative, you are an important part of our growing community of medical cannabis patients and advocates. Membership
responsibilities are important for ensuring the Vapor Room Cooperative stays open and is able to continue serving our member’s needs. Becoming a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative means that you have the RIGHT to:
- Be treated with respect and compassion by the Vapor Room Cooperative staff and fellow members.
- Access to safe, clean, quality therapeutic cannabis and a safe, clean lounge to medicate in.
- Receive therapeutic cannabis or visit the counter at the Vapor Room Cooperative up to twice a day.
- Be assisted by a knowledgeable, caring staff on the type of cannabis that fits your needs.
- Participate in our compassion programs on an as needed basis.
- Attend and have 1 vote at the annual member meeting held on April 20th of every year.
- Make comments and suggestions to the Board of Directors on how we can improve our Cooperative.
- Participate in our various member services, classes and volunteer opportunities.
Becoming a member also means that you have the RESPONSIBILITY to:
- NEVER resale or divert any medical cannabis you receive from our Cooperative.
- Follow all current and future community codes of conduct set forth by the Vapor Room Cooperative.
- Always show proof of membership and a valid doctor’s recommendation or verified ID card upon entry.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- Be Aware that YOUR actions as a member of the medical cannabis community reflect on the rest of us, including our Cooperative.
- Remember that being a member of the Vapor Room Cooperative is a privilege that you should be proud of and respect.
- Have a Polite and Courteous Attitude towards our neighbors, staff and fellow members.
- Practice discretion at ALL times while possessing therapeutic cannabis.
- Keep your medicine in your pocket, AWAY FROM SIGHT!
- Keep Your medicine to yourself, even in your car.
- NOT Distribute, Resale, Break Up or Share your medicine in our community, this includes your friends – even if you are in your car. No Exceptions, No Excuses, NO ENTRY!
- NOT Medicate while driving!
If a member violates any one of the rules outlined above, their membership will be revoked. The Vapor Room Cooperative also reserves the right to refuse service to or revoke the membership of any member that acts in such a way to threaten the safety of our Cooperative or violates any current or future rules set forth by the Board of Directors. The Vapor Room Cooperative of San Francisco is only as strong as our members. We welcome you to our community and look forward to seeing you at the Vapor Room!