The Vapor Room Cooperative of San Francisco is incorporated under the Cooperative Corporation laws and regulations set forth by the State of California. Accordingly, the Vapor Room Cooperative conforms to all City and State laws and regulations governing Cooperatives as well as Medical Cannabis Cooperatives. We operate as a not for profit based Cooperative and direct proceeds towards operations, member services and charitable contributions.
The Vapor Room Cooperative of San Francisco is a Therapeutic Cannabis Cooperative committed to serving member-patient needs with the highest level of compassion and professionalism. Entering the world of Cannabis can seem daunting and overwhelming. We promise to help you ease into using Cannabis for your health and wellness. We are committed to establishing a healthy and caring community by educating our members and the public about the benefits of therapeutic cannabis as well as offering a variety of health and wellness services that provide beneficial opportunities for our members to enrich their lives. Others may try to up-sell their products, we promise to only provide what you need for your pain management. The Vapor Room Cooperative advocates compassion, tolerance and understanding towards people from all walks of life. We also understand the intrinsic need for communication between doctors, patients and cannabis providers in order to effectively serve the diverse needs of our members.
The Vapor Room is committed to making positive contributions to the therapeutic cannabis community and has remained at the forefront of this amazing movement by establishing a comprehensive set of rules and guidelines that govern
the safe and compassionate operation of our facility.
The Vapor Room Cooperative…
• Was the first dispensary to submit our self-regulation guidelines to the City of San Francisco and to submit a proposal for operational standards throughout the San Francisco medical cannabis community
• Was an active and positive participant in the drafting of the SF Medical Cannabis Ordinance from beginning to end
• Consistently donates to several local, neighborhood based non-profits and children’s groups that provide after school activities, summer camps, educational field trips and arts and crafts supplies.
• Is at the forefront of medical cannabis activism, patients rights and a leader in the development of the highest standards of operations in the medical cannabis movement
• Has consistently and repeatedly been voted Best Cannabis Dispensary by SF Weekly and SF Bay Guardian readers in their annual ‘Best Of’ issues on a yearly, continuing basis
• Our member provided products have won a multitude of awards!
• Consistently donates to several activist and non- profit organizations that promote awareness of therapeutic cannabis on a State and Federal Level
• We proudly offer a wide variety of compassionate services to our members and the local community
• Is considered one of the most respected, compassionate and professional dispensary cooperatives in the State of California.
VAPOR ROOM STAFF MEMBERS
Our staff consists of highly trained therapeutic cannabis specialists, experienced and compassionate personnel with community minded management. Our staff is very sympathetic to the many health, social and economic issues that affect therapeutic cannabis patients of all walks of life as well as friendly, knowledgeable and informative. The men and women that make up the Vapor Room Cooperative have always made compassionate dispensing of therapeutic cannabis their top priority. They have also been trained to provide basic assistance to our disabled patients and are First Aid/ CPR certified bi- annually. Having witnessed first hand the relief therapeutic cannabis brings to suffering patients, especially the ever- increasing number of those who do not benefit from prescribed narcotics for their ailments.
OUR STORY SO FAR…
Vapor Room Cooperative was founded in 2004 in San Francisco by a small group of therapeutic cannabis activists and entrepreneurs who dedicated themselves to the grass roots movement of cannabis advocacy by providing a compassionate, safe and comfortable environment for a diverse culture of medical cannabis patients seeking relief for their symptoms in the Bay Area. We remained at the forefront of premier cannabis providers through the years, being lauded as a model provider in California with our use of cutting edge vaporizer technologies in our stylish lounge, filled daily with a great group of members from all walks of life. Our staff was friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Our leadership was deeply involved with the Board of Supervisors and Department of Public Health in helping to draft the 2005 Medical Cannabis Act of San Francisco which served to permit and regulate dispensaries in the city.
At the start of 2012, the Vapor Room Cooperative was operating at its peak with over 25,000 members and an average of 300+ daily visits. Plans were in place to move to a larger, more accommodating location in San Francisco. Our Board of Directors had discussed exploring licensing our brand and operational standards to ethical operators in other states with comprehensive cannabis laws enacted, such as Colorado, Washington and Oregon. Unfortunately, these plans were cut short suddenly when we fell victim to the last gasp of federal intervention in San Francisco on legally operating, permitted dispensaries. We were forced to give up our space after fighting for over 8 months as our landlord was wholly unwilling to take on the fight against the crackdown. Hoping to move to a larger facility, we closed our doors, laid off 20 employees and proceeded to continue our delivery service; VRoom Couriers, as a means to stay solvent while attempting to reopen. With the crackdown being covered daily by the media, landlords across the city were unwilling to offer a lease to any dispensary trying to open (or re-open, in our case).
Currently, the Vapor Room operates as a thriving therapeutic cannabis courier service in San Francisco and Peninsula Cities. While still providing ethical, compassionate and quality service to our members, we are looking forward to returning as a full service, premium dispensary in a brick and mortar location.